HF Pneumatic brake bleeder??

The good, the bad, and the ugly.
puttputtinpup

Re: HF Pneumatic brake bleeder??

Post by puttputtinpup »

FiatSpider2 wrote:I use the MityVac hand pump model which saves my compressor, is much more quiet and is a bit more universal. For best results use bleeders with the sealant in the threads or to grease the treads on the bleeders to ensure a good seal. Of course whichever one you use be sure to close the bleeder valve before you stop pumping so you don't allow air to flow back into the system.

The MityVac Hand Pump works great for fuel systems and clutches too.
I plan to use mine once again tomorrow on my dad's car. Jerry lemond showed me the one he uses...like yours I believe.
FiatSpider2

Post by FiatSpider2 »

I got the MityVac when stuck having to do a brake repair by myself on an abandoned airfield out in the boonies. It was a 35 foot motor home so even if I had a helper it would have been a chore to communicate with a helper in the cab when doing the rear brakes without using a two way radio or cell phone.

The other option would have been a 100+ mile tow to a shop that was capable of working on the chassis. Couldn't find anyone remotely close that could do the work but at least there was a NAPA nearby who could get the parts.
FiatSpider2 (4FB1 Isuzu Turbo Diesel powered 1978 Fiat Spider)
puttputtinpup

Post by puttputtinpup »

puttputtinpup wrote:
FiatSpider2 wrote:I use the MityVac hand pump model which saves my compressor, is much more quiet and is a bit more universal. For best results use bleeders with the sealant in the threads or to grease the treads on the bleeders to ensure a good seal. Of course whichever one you use be sure to close the bleeder valve before you stop pumping so you don't allow air to flow back into the system.

The MityVac Hand Pump works great for fuel systems and clutches too.
I plan to use mine once again tomorrow on my dad's car. Jerry lemond showed me the one he uses...like yours I believe.
I did get.my dad's brakes, rotors, & calipers all swapped out last weekend. Once again, the vacuum bleeder came through for me. Grease around the bleeder screw threads is essential however.