84 Pup (gas)

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
jasper
Isuzu vehicle(s): 84 P'up (gas)

84 Pup (gas)

Post by jasper »

pup.jpg
Just picked up a good condition 84 pup automatic transmission and I am just getting started fixing it up. It has a few small electrical issues but it drives pretty great.

The biggest concern at the moment is a totally non functional temperature gauge which i haven't even started to look at. I'm planning on waiting until my Haynes manual arrives before digging in.

My most superficial concern is with replacing the flooring with something from stock interiors, it just has a few too many cig burns to ignore.

Cheers!
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: 84 Pup (gas)

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Welcome to the site. I'm not 100% positive, but I feel like we've seen that P'up somewhere in recent ads.

I hope the Haynes manual proves to be helpful. I always recommend the original Isuzu service manuals, but they're getting pretty scarce.

Jack
Paul

Post by Paul »

Jack & All - -

There are still some on ebay but they have gotten pricer. Here is one at $149. '84 & '85 are identical.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322662516782?e ... R5S-ndOeYQ

Paul
'84 P'UP 2 wd diesel, 5 spd with 0.78 fifth gear and differential back to 3.73.
Isuzu Faster
Isuzu vehicle(s): '86 1.9L G200Z 4-Spd. 2WD

Post by Isuzu Faster »

Welcome, and very nice truck! I used the Haynes manual for this truck for years until I finally bought the Isuzu shop manual. The Isuzu book's very intuitive and has great illustrations, and is well worth the price.
~ Cheers, Steve.

1986 Isuzu P'up (Faster 2WD), 1.9L G200Z Gasoline, 4-spd, Beige Amino-Alkyd Enamel.
jasper
Isuzu vehicle(s): 84 P'up (gas)

Post by jasper »

Thanks for the tip on that 85 service manual! and yes this appears to be the same truck that was listed in the whole vehicles section. Glad I ended up with it, it is a really sweet ride in great shape and its the same truck I learned to drive in (except my pops was tan).

I'm really happy to having a truck i can actually work on again.
Mintys Parts
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1986 pup

Post by Mintys Parts »

Hello welcome to the pup life. Your truck is very nice. Don't see very many automatics. I love them my self ,I have two pups both are automatic 2.3. It would do you good to get your hands on the manual. I was watching that truck when it was listed. Sat for a bit. Some people don't care for the automatic. Hey to each their own. A lot less stress driving an automatic.