New Member from Texas

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
PWN
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1981 Luv 1.8L

New Member from Texas

Post by PWN »

Hello! My name is Phillip and I found this forum by searching for information for Isuzu Pups & Chevy Luv's. We have 2 Isuzus. The first is a 1986 Trooper, and the second is a 1981 Luv/Pup. Both are gas & 4x4. I have 2 sons (13 & 9) that love to help me wrench on them.

The 81 Luv/Pup belongs to my 13YO son. The truck has actually been in the family for many years. The motor was rebuilt by my uncle, and runs really good for its age. It has been an offroad ranch truck for the whole time we have owned it. After hurricane Harvey in 2017 the truck sat for a few years, and rust began to set in. My boys talked me in to getting it running again, and all it took was a carb rebuild & some fresh gas! The motor was full of water, but it was crystal clear. We drained it, flushed it real good, and filled with fresh oil. The rest is history. She's been alive and purring every since. When my uncle started on it, he ditched the old hitachi carb, and installed a Rochester 2 jet off an old chevy small block that he had sitting around. He was a machinist, and really good mechanic as well. He fab'd up an adapter plate for the 2 jet, and surprisingly that carb works really good. Anyway, this is just an offroad toy that my boys are learning to wrench on. Its not pretty, has allot of rust, but cranks easy & they love it!

The 86 trooper was given to me by a guy I met on a hunting board. It did not run. I did allot work to get her going, and turned her into a hunting truck for our place in west texas. My boys love to drive this rig around the ranch!

The only pics I have are of the trooper. These are from the day I finished all the work, and was ready to haul her out west.
Some things I did: Whole new fuel system (weber 32/36 carb, carter fuel pump, 3/8 fuel line, Jazz racing fuel tank), locking hubs, new CV boots, belts, plugs, & removed all the smog stuff, LED lights all the way around, game racks, & rear road feeder.
Attachments
feeder.jpg
rack1.jpg
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: New Member from Texas

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Welcome to the site, Phillip!

Jack
puttputtinpup

Post by puttputtinpup »

Great story! Welcome
Mintys Parts
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1986 pup

Post by Mintys Parts »