1992 Chevrolet LUV from Indonesia

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
ubs_lover

1992 Chevrolet LUV from Indonesia

Post by ubs_lover »

Hi I'm Andy from Indonesia.
I'm a big fan of Trooper and P'Up. I've been here from 2009 with some P'Up project that never finished :roll:

Now I came with specific Indonesian market 1992 Chevrolet LUV.
01 Awal.jpg
Yes it's a P'Up.
What makes it Indonesian Market is because the frame and drivetrain are from 1992 1st Gen Trooper with 2.3L (similar to late 1987 US spec Trooper)
or you can say that it's a 1987 P'Up body with 1988 PickUp drivetrain and frame.

The story is back in 1990s when Caltex need a 4x4 pickup. But when Caltex came to GM Dealer what they have is a 2.3L 4x4 1st Gen Trooper and a 2.2L Diesel 4x2 LUV. So GM dealer came up with idea of switching the body.
Caltex's LUV
Caltex's LUV
Here's some brochures for that 4x4 P'Up and the least popular 4x2 Chevrolet Stallion (with Trooper body)
2020_03_29 8_53 AM Office Lens (1) - Copy.jpg
2020_03_29 8_53 AM Office Lens (2).jpg
Stallion1.JPG
Stallion2.jpg
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: 1992 Chevrolet LUV from Indonesia

Post by JoeIsuzu »

That's a fascinating story, thanks for sharing it!

Jack
Yulia
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1993 CC Pickup 4x4

Post by Yulia »

It looks awesome on the first photo with big tires. I am thinking about switching my tires too to a larger ones.
Photographer bouncing on vulcans and desert in her 1993 4 doors 2.5D NONTURBO, Stick 4x4 Green Beast 🐊.
GoodiePop
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1983 P'up DLX Long Bed 2WD w/PS and AC. 351,449 miles.

Post by GoodiePop »

Hi Andy, I hope you're still around. I happened upon a website where there are at 6 brand new glow plug dropping resistors for sale, there in Indonesia, and I want to buy all 6, pay for shipping one time, and have them all here for others who may also need one. These are still factory-sealed in the plastic packaging. May I impose on you to arrange contact with this store owner so I can buy these?

https://www.tokopedia.com/rajautamaotop ... let-luv-kb

Thanks and take care.
James.