It's been a while.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
Gerald K4NHN

It's been a while.

Post by Gerald K4NHN »

It's been a while since I've been on this chat group. A lot has gone on this past year and a half. The last day on January 2020, I had a major heart attack, died twice before they could get me to the operating room, Had a triple bypass. Late last summer I ran out to roll up the windows of the van and lightning struck 20 feet from me, in a 100 year old tree, dug a trench a foot wide and 8" deep to my water meter, followed the water line under the house, blew that apart flooding the crawl space. took out the TV, 2 convertor boxes, modem. the phone, lamps, the frig, and took out the AC. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I got the virus and almost died from that. They didn't expect me to live thru that, but I did. So I haven't done anything by pulling any wrenches. I did sell the 84 PUP tho. Ole age is catching up with me now, 84. But It's about time I get rid of the rest of my PUP and stuff. I've really have had a lot of fun with mine and my sons PUP's. I still drive my PP on occasions. It still only has about 135K on it. I'll be doing some reading here on some of the past posting to catch up on things.
Gerald K4NHN
Cayce, SC

"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

1983 LS DIESEL LONG BED 2 W/D 126K miles

1986 LS Trooper Tubro Diesel 4 W/D 186K + miles SOLD
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: It's been a while.

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Gerald,

It's SO good to hear from you. In spite of all that's happened, you're still kickin'!

Jack
Paul

Post by Paul »

Gerald - -

Wow! You had quite a year. Hope this one settles down for you. Glad you're back.

Paul
'84 P'UP 2 wd diesel, 5 spd with 0.78 fifth gear and differential back to 3.73.
puttputtinpup

Post by puttputtinpup »

Welcome back! Glad you're okay!
arrowmntdiesel

Post by arrowmntdiesel »

Gerald

Glad to hear you survived a very close call! It is amazing how life can take it's changes, some over time and other very rapidly. I sure wish I was a bit closer to you just to be able to come see you and say Hi.

Mark
AAS degree Diesel Technology 2014, 15 yrs Isuzu Pup diesels. Owner: Arrow-Mountain Diesel services & Arrow-Mnt Windows, Medford, OR. Love God! One Marriage-One Wife, 2 awesome young ladies as my kids. Happily Married for 30+ years. One Blessed Man!