Removing AC evaporator advice

This is for "general" electrical discussions. Audio, security, remote start, and power accessories should go here, since they don't seem to fit anywhere else. Not for diesel-specific (like glow systems), or gasoline-specific (like ignition systems) topics.
mojogoat
Isuzu vehicle(s): 82 luv diesel SB 2wd

Removing AC evaporator advice

Post by mojogoat »

Hi, The 1982 luv diesel I bought still has the evaporator in the cab. It is missing everything else so I'm thinking of removing it from the cab. I've got most of the dash disassembled to fix wiring and other stuff. Any advice?
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Removing AC evaporator advice

Post by JoeIsuzu »

There was an A/C delete duct on P'ups that didn't have A/C. It simply filled the gap that the evaporator housing occupied, but is quite smaller. If I were removing the evaporator, I'd remove the housing as well. I'm pretty sure someone could get that duct for you.

Jack
mojogoat

Post by mojogoat »

Yes, I plan on removing the housing, it takes up a lot of space.
mojogoat

Post by mojogoat »

Pulled it out, it mostly crumbled and had a large amount of pine needles and dirt filled the housing.

Would appreciate someone selling me a delete duct if available.

Any tricks on removing the three blower motor screws, they just spin. I need to clean and replace the foam seals.
Duaneclark

Post by Duaneclark »

5 years ago! No one answered? The rubber nuts spin when the screw is stuck in the nut. I used vise grips, some of the rubber nuts were ruined.