This is for "general" electrical discussions. Audio, security, remote start, and power accessories should go here, since they don't seem to fit anywhere else. Not for diesel-specific (like glow systems), or gasoline-specific (like ignition systems) topics.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Regular Member
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:38 pm
- Location: New york
- Isuzu vehicle(s): 1984 1.8l rwd
Installing a modern single din radio in a 84 pup. I’m sure it’s been done before so just curious how u mount the actually deck? The stock one is a screwed in from the front so I’m wondering how to hold a new one in there? Has anyone used another vehicle dash mount with success? Ty
- Site Admin
- Posts: 20767
- Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:11 am
- Location: Germantown (next to Elvistown), TN
- Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!
Seems the biggest issue is where the old shafts went through. I cut a DIN sized hole right through those. Then a plastic spacer plate mounted behind the new radio faceplate made it presentable.