A/c components crossover list?

The place to discuss problems and routine maintenance questions and tips that are NOT specifically diesel-related.
jer

A/c components crossover list?

Post by jer »

Does anyone know what years and vehicles air conditioning components compatible/comparable to the pup were used in. I know any a/c component (besides mounting brackets) could be removed from one pup to be placed in another but could a trooper component be a direct fit for the pup? And if so what years... thanks everyone in advance for your replies and help.

Jer
`82 LUV 4x4 c223t 5speed, a/c, ps, pb, 3" lift

`84 P’up c223 wvo conversion needing frame transplant
hagasn
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1991 isuzu pickup 2WD 2.3 4DZ1 engine

Re: A/c components crossover list?

Post by hagasn »

following :(
i am the original owner of a 1991 isuzu 2WD pickup. the rebuilt motor was bored .040 over with a Calmini camshaft and gemini turbo kit with intercooler. power to the wheels is handled by a centerforce gold clutch.
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Post by JoeIsuzu »

hagasn wrote:following :(

Following a topic that had zero replies? :lol:

I should have replied to jer's original questions. I probably will, next time I get on the site from a real computer.

Jack
hagasn

Post by hagasn »

still hoping :)
i am the original owner of a 1991 isuzu 2WD pickup. the rebuilt motor was bored .040 over with a Calmini camshaft and gemini turbo kit with intercooler. power to the wheels is handled by a centerforce gold clutch.
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Post by JoeIsuzu »

hagasn wrote:still hoping :)

Keep in mind, nothing that applies for Jer's truck will apply for yours -- assuming you're asking about the '91. I'd suggest a new topic for 1988-1995 Pickups, with a similar question.

Jack
hagasn

Post by hagasn »

i’m blindly following anything AC related :(
Dieselsmoke69
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 CHEVY LUV MIKADO C223 DIESEL 2wd,1981 Chevy Luv shortbed 2wd G180Z, 1981 Chevy Luv Mikado 4x4 G180Z redline weber 32/36

Post by Dieselsmoke69 »

I believe the 84-91 trooper evaporator will fit ....at least it looks the same. But i imagine youll have to also use the troopers expansion valve as well. And as a bonus it uses the newer o-ring style fittings. Great for a luv or pup a/c system rebuild if it works. Youll have to change out or make up your own hoses.I havent bought one yet but if my original evap doesnt work out with the new expansion valve in it im going for it.
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Dieselsmoke69 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:43 pm
I believe the 84-91 trooper evaporator will fit ....at least it looks the same. But i imagine youll have to also use the troopers expansion valve as well. And as a bonus it uses the newer o-ring style fittings. Great for a luv or pup a/c system rebuild if it works. Youll have to change out or make up your own hoses.I havent bought one yet but if my original evap doesnt work out with the new expansion valve in it im going for it.
Thanks for this. I meant to elaborate on my earlier answer, but never got back to it. This is all correct. I also recommend the Trooper condenser, because it is thicker and than the original P'up condenser. That should help offset the efficiency loss with R-134a.

Jack