Spent today at Pull-A-Part!

News, rants, and raves.
mikebyrdy

Re: Spent today at Pull-A-Part!

Post by mikebyrdy »

if u decide to sell radiator please let me know
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Post by JoeIsuzu »

I may have mentioned this, but I'm not sure. When I was pulling parts off this P'up, I noticed it had a sticker on the back glass, courtesy of our local police. It was marked for towing, because it had been left beside the road (for Memphis folks, it was found at "Ridgeway & 385"). The sticker was dated 3/21, and it was on the Pull-A-Part yard as of 3/24--and they don't place them the same day they get there. So, I was really surprised the police would tow and scrap it within 3 days of it getting stickered. I always thought they'd impound it, keep it for 30 days, post a public notice, then finally sell or scrap it. But here I was, pulling parts on 3/25 and the sticker was only 4 days old. I didn't think much about again.

Then, while searching Craigslist "Cars/Trucks for sale" category a few days ago, I ran into this listing with a really weird subject, something like "You posted my phone number, I have a license to dismantle". The listing said something like "I have a license to dismantle, to you? Bring it on!" Again, that was weird--but then I scrolled down and saw the ad that it was referring to. It had a subject like "Watch out for (901)555-555-W**backs stealing cars from side of road". The listing said that someone using this number was stealing cars from the side of the road and scrapping them. Sure enough, that number was all over the area Craigslists with offers to buy cars for $200-$400. Hmmmmmm. Could our parts donor have possibly been a victim? That might explain how it arrived at Pull-A-Part so fast. But I always assumed they required titles or at least a bill of sale.

Jack
BlewChiZ

Post by BlewChiZ »

Very interesting indeed. Atleast your dealings with the truck were legit and on the up and up. If that p'up was a victim of theft, there is Prolly inside dealing going on with that particular yard.

ROb
1990 SWB 2.3 5 speed
Lowrider don't use no gas now
Dieselsmoke69
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 CHEVY LUV MIKADO C223 DIESEL 2wd,1981 Chevy Luv shortbed 2wd G180Z, 1981 Chevy Luv Mikado 4x4 G180Z redline weber 32/36

Post by Dieselsmoke69 »

Front turn and side marker lenses please....,yank the column or get the stalk outta it .Very Nice score. I would have done the same. Glovebox door salvageable? I could use all these things. Let alone the power steering gear bracket pump and bolts if it would work on my 82 4WD Mikado? Oh the heat ac controls too. Wish id have this luck around here. Guess i havent made out too bad considering ive ended up going from one truck to 3 of them and 5 engines the last 2 months. Sweet id have seen if theyd have sold the whole vehicle
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Dieselsmoke69 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:31 pm
Front turn and side marker lenses please....,yank the column or get the stalk outta it .Very Nice score. I would have done the same. Glovebox door salvageable? I could use all these things. Let alone the power steering gear bracket pump and bolts if it would work on my 82 4WD Mikado? Oh the heat ac controls too. Wish id have this luck around here. Guess i havent made out too bad considering ive ended up going from one truck to 3 of them and 5 engines the last 2 months. Sweet id have seen if theyd have sold the whole vehicle
This thread started over 10 years ago, sorry. StevePT and I got everything we could before it was crushed. There's nothing to sell.

Jack